I have an '08 GMC Yukon with no owners manual. I put a set of rims and tires from another '08 along with the correct part number tire pressure sensors but don't know how to program them. Do any of you have the proceedure or can steer me to it?
First...go to each wheel and remove the valve stem caps, your gonna have to move fast between tires so any prep work you can do will help you during the process.
Get a tool that you can use to let some air out of the stems.
1) Set parking brake
2) turn key to on but DO NOT start.
3) take remote and press lock and unlock at the same time till the horn honks.
4) go to driver side front and let air out (approx 5-15sec) till horn honks once.
5) go to pass side front and let air out (approx 5-15sec) till horn honks once.
6) go to pass side rear and let air out (approx 5-15sec) till horn honks once.
7) go to drivers side rear and let air out (approx 5-15sec) till horn honks TWICE.
8) now they are programmed
9) recheck air pressure and set to whatever you need.
10) re-install valve stem caps.
There is a way to do the relearn thru your DIC on the dash if you have that.
Search ebay and buy yourself a manual.
BTW....Please reply and tell us if this works
but seriously...the steps I gave take me maybe 60sec max...dont it at least 10 times on mine and friends trucks
Yeah, I remember reading about setting the system into learn mode with the DIC, but you still had to either inflate or deflate in a specific order for the system to recognize where each TPM was. I'll pull the manual back out and take another look. But your right, it sounds pretty easy once the system is ready to learn. Thanks JB
Thanks to Lusso22 for the sig
'04 Silverado ex-cab ** SOLD **
'05 Pontiac GTO
'08 GMC Sierra Crew 4X4 **SOLD**
'99 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr
'01 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4
Sam, I got some off e-bay for a $100. That was for the sensors only, I already had the valve stems, it may be a little more with those.... Getting tired of the warning every time you crank your truck up huh? Yeah I got tired of it real quick, had to get the sensors.
|2007 Silverado MAX 6.0 L | 2.5" TGC | Custom Tune | OBX LT Headers | Magnaflow|
|K&N CAI | BMF | Nitto | Katskin | Line-X | Train Horn | Backup Camera | TRUCool 40k|