GMC Truck Forum banner

Drivetrain clunk

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  jalers 
#1 ·
I took my truck into the dealer today to get the Int drive shaft replaced (clunking like a bustard) and also the clunking sound when it shifts. Anyone ever have this problem? I noticed it a lot more when it was colder. When shifting from 1st to 2nd, it would make a clunk noise. Bad joints....?? What else could be the culprit?

#4 ·
mine shifts hard 1 to 2 when cold too
It shifts hard, but the clank that it's making is definitely not normal. Like I said, when it is colder temps it does it louder. I thought the joints could be bad, but I don't know. They are looking at that and the Int steering shaft and I should get a call before 5 today. We will see what they come up with.

Jeremy, have you got your truck lifted yet?

#8 ·
im just bitchin i ordered them on his stock order so i didnt pay any freight or bs charges ill have them monday or tuesday
That's cool. Let me know if we can work out a deal on your shocks. I would be interested. It doesn't ride real rough, but I can tell the shocks top out over bumps or drop offs, need a little more travel.

I went and picked up my truck from the dealer earlier. They said they couldn't get the drive train to clank like I described to them.........go figure.
They did replace the Int. steering shaft and there is no more feedback through the steering wheel anymore.

#14 ·
i tried to read it matt, ill i got is its normal and no repair needed
Hmmmmm. I told them that when it gets colder and it starts doing it again, I am bringing it back in and they are going to fix it........normal my ass!!

So when you picking that LTR up? I will be happy to show you how to ride it. :head:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.