GMC Truck Forum banner

My Truck Through Its Stages

184K views 2K replies 103 participants last post by  GREENSIERRA 
#1 ·
The truck has been through many different set ups since I have bought it new and never made a thread about it so its about time

here it is stock besides front tint

after 7000k I got bored of it so I put a 3 BL on

Added some 17x8 Weld Mountain Crusher rims with 285 BFG ATs, ford keys and 4 rear blocks

Got bored of that so I put the SuperLift lift in with 5.5 rear blocks

Put some 37 BFG MTs on along with 4.56 gears and a tru trac

Did a shackle flip, AAL and cranked abit

Decided it was time to go bigger so cranked more and added a 2" block

Towered the 37"s so it was time for 39.5 Iroks, some 5.13 gears, long tube headers, mild tune, magnaflow muffler with dumps

Got tired of waiting for my 10bolt to blow so swapped in a 14FF,5.38 gears, Air Locker, disk brakes, zero rate and needed some cheap rims that I didnt have to clean so I got my Pro Comp 17x9 rims

Ran that setup for a couple years and kept getting harrased by the cops and got pulled off the road twice for being to big so I was forced to go smaller so I put some 36" Iroks on with some chevy tails, this was legal height

couldnt stand having it so low so I cranked abit, added 2" block with zero rate and some tow mirrors, this is how it sits now but I have since plasti dipped the chrome on the front grill and still have to do the front and back bumpers.
I figured if I couldnt be on 40"s anymore I may aswell make it faster so I added a TSP220 cam, circle D 3200 stall, TBSS intake, BB Auto Cal tune, I added a cat along with a Bullet/Magnaflow to quiet it down abit

I also added some air bags that I can raise the truck 4" with and crank the front for those days when I want to jack it up to tower over other trucks

Got bored with the TSP cam so I now have a PatG speced/EPS ground 223 226, 610 605 110+4 cam, TEA .660 dual springs with titanium retainers. I also have a Circle D 36-3700 stall and nitrous kit to install when I have time. I will be spraying a 150 shot.
I am sure I am forget alot of stuff over the years but that is basically what it was and what it is as of right now.
I have a Ford HP D60 for the front that I will install when I scrap up the funds to do my SAS. Not to sure if I am gonna jack it up on 40"s again and make it legal with some wide rims and big flares or keep it on 36-37"s with a wider rim.
I will keep updating as I keep adding

See less See more
#3 ·
here are some other random pics

this is my truck with my D60 in the bed with a bunch of other stuff and my brothers truck with 325 terra grapplers, 3" BL, ford keys, 4" blocks

#5 ·
Damn..u have a sunroof

#7 ·
thanks guys, I will be losing all the chrome once it warms up
still not sure what rims to go with next
yes Brett it has a sunroof:D

#10 ·
I want a sunroof bad lol I love mine in my car. Truck is sick dude

#13 ·
thanks for the compliments guys
I am sure it will see many more combinations
things I didnt mention was, I have a FLT Level 6 transmission, alpine deck, alpine amp and alpine 12" sub, trans temp guage, LC1 in a single pillar pod, 5% tint on small side windows, back window and sunroof. I made the rear flaps to keep it legit with the law but it is only one bolt away to take them off, I also have a front bumper that I made that I can slide in and out to keep my bumper heights in check but never run it(it sits in the bed of the truck incase I get pulled over), I have a ARB air compressor for my rear locker but I also have a air hose to fill tires and stuff that I actually use pretty often on other people vehicles or mine after a day of wheeling.

#14 ·
^ I was about to say I hope you've built the trans if you're going to be throwing a 150shot at it.

I've seen my truck pretzal a driveshaft after a 150shot on the highway.... before the charger.

Reactions: Onebad1983
#15 ·
If I pretzel the stock driveshaft I will get something that will be able to withstand the power

#20 ·
I am also thinking a 12" rim on 37"s but not sure what kind of tire. Not a fan of any of the "MT"s like toyo or anything like that.
thinking Iroks or Pitbulls, still have time to figure that out. lol
Forsure Roamer, when it gets nicer out we will have to hook up

#21 ·
Pit bulls are the shit

#22 ·
I am also thinking a 12" rim on 37"s but not sure what kind of tire. Not a fan of any of the "MT"s like toyo or anything like that.
thinking Iroks or Pitbulls, still have time to figure that out. lol
Forsure Roamer, when it gets nicer out we will have to hook up
sounds like a plan im off work for road ban till atleast june 1st but helpping my dad out, im sure we will find a date lol

#24 ·
it takes a VERY long time. I usually keep it muddy for a couple days and let alot of it fall off then go and wash it. couple hour job to get it really clean.
takes awhile just to clean all the mud off the street. lol
Roamer, should be a fun day outside today with all the snow and hi winds
gonna take the wifes lifted tahoe out today and make some money pulling people out with the winch:)

#25 ·
Mitch do u have any undercoating? If I wheeled and especially If it snowed I would bed line the whole bottom of my truck. Would probably help get the mud off too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.