GMC Truck Forum banner

04 Tahoe is clunking up front while turning

663 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Osiris94ej 
#1 ·
So I redid the whole front end on the Wife's 04 Tahoe. I put in all new Moog upper ball joints, lower ball joints, control arm bushings, pitman arm, idler arm, hub bearings, sway bar bushings, and sway bar end links. I then had it aligned after putting new tires on it. I did all this because it was wandering, and had a clunk up front on the drivers side when turning. Mainly when backing up. The only thing I didn't change was the CV joints and shocks because I needed to put away a little bit more money before doing so. So after replacing all this stuff the clunk was still there, although it drove a lot better. So Friday I replaced all four factory shocks with Bilstein shocks and their rear coil springs. I also replaced the CV joints...clunk is still there! I put it up on jackstands today and I can't see where it's hitting on anything? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.