GMC Truck Forum banner

did HIDs tonight - why did I wait so long!?!?

8K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  cbrsilv15 
#1 ·
DDM Tuning has a deal right now - $29.99 for 35W HID kits, so I figured why not?

left side is 35W 5K HID, right side is silverstar halogen

:party36::dancingpoop: OMG :dancingpoop: :party36:

See less See more
#2 ·
They are night and day difference. I use the 55w for headlights in all my vehicles. I get a lot of flashes on two lane roads but hey, I can see just fine. lol

#4 ·
Do you retro fit them? I have 6000k hids in my denalis and the light output is shitty. Going to buy some 55w to put out a little better light.

#12 ·
I did just hids for awhile. Had to aim them so low so I wouldn't get flashed that I couldn't see very far. Put halogens back in and was amazed how much better I could see with it aimed properly. Then Phil did a retrofit and it's a shame that I waited that long for a proper projector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I just put some in my truck as well. sight= awesome. every single car going by you either flashing you, or getting pissed and just turning their brights on= extremely annoying. If i aim them any lower i would be ahead to just put my halogens back in.

#21 ·
I would love to retrofit my HID's at some point... I had them in projectors (factory) in my C3. I have to say tho, the NNBS halogen housing isn't terrible. I think the light output is as good, or better, than my factory Denali housings.

That being said, I do plan to retrofit my housings at some point... I get the occasional flash now that I run leveling keys & 33's. I never did before, but I know I'm that asshole I always bitched about when I ran my HID's in projectors w/ the C3 and everyone else didn't.

Need BB tune first.

#24 ·
I just put some in my truck as well. sight= awesome. every single car going by you either flashing you, or getting pissed and just turning their brights on= extremely annoying. If i aim them any lower i would be ahead to just put my halogens back in.

I've never had anyone flash their brights at me ??

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.