GMC Truck Forum banner

obs 5-7 pics on 18s or 20s

55K views 57 replies 24 participants last post by  Static90Chevy 
#1 ·
looking for pics of 18s or 20s on obs.. cant decide what size wheels.. looked all over and just seeing bagged on 20s.. preferably 5-7 drop pics

#3 ·
5/6 on 235 75 15 comparable to a 275/40/20

#4 ·
#7 ·
Me too.

He is why I chose the tire size thats on my Yukon.

#13 ·
These are all taken back in March 07 soo my truck has changed a little.

This last one is when I had airbags in the front and I had a lot of weight in the bed, so it might look lower.
I want mine to look like that... maybe a little lower in the back , your truck is sick BTW

#16 ·
my trucks 5 7 and its 2 inch spindles, 3 inch springs out front, flip kit and shackles in the back
sweet I need spindles so I can my truck sits 5 in the front lol

#20 ·
Yup I think that's the port side. BTW, 3'' DJM springs, 2'' DJM spindles, 3'' drop toxic shocks for the front. Back is DJM 6'' flip kit, 2'' djm drop shackle, I didn't use the regular c-notch. I used a Super C-notch.
did you cut the bed for the super c-notch?

#21 ·
You shouldn't have to. You will have to cut a bed suppost out to clear the super notch, but I believe thats it IIRC

BTW what are the tire sizes you guys are running? I'm doing a 3-5 or a 3-6" drop on my tahoe and was thinking about getting a 27" tire based off of some of the pics here and the sizes of tires listed. 28" tires look a little too stuffed for my taste and 26" tires look good on the lower trucks, but what do you guys think?

I was planning on ordering a 215/65/16 and running them on the stock rims, they measure in right at 27" tall

#22 ·
I had to cut the shit out of the bed support though. One because the notch was over the frame 2x4 steel bolted to the frame I had to cut over the frame rails. I then had to pretty much cut all the bed support right where the pumpkin is. I also had to roll the front fender lips. I now have no hitting of anything. No pumpkin hitting, fenders touching the tires nothing. I must warn you tho raise your y-pipe above the frame rails, reroute it somehow. Also your probably gonna bottom out on speed bumps a lot. I lost count how many times i've dragged my frame literally over speed bumps, you have to also consider driveways that are steep or entrance ways to anything you have to take at angles. I'm surprised my valance hasnt been ripped off yet. The bottom of it looks like someone took sandpaper to it. Other than that people are amazed how good my truck rides since it's so low. I get a lot of people asking if my truck is bagged lol.

#25 ·
I had to cut the shit out of the bed support though. One because the notch was over the frame 2x4 steel bolted to the frame I had to cut over the frame rails. I then had to pretty much cut all the bed support right where the pumpkin is. I also had to roll the front fender lips. I now have no hitting of anything. No pumpkin hitting, fenders touching the tires nothing. I must warn you tho raise your y-pipe above the frame rails, reroute it somehow. Also your probably gonna bottom out on speed bumps a lot. I lost count how many times i've dragged my frame literally over speed bumps, you have to also consider driveways that are steep or entrance ways to anything you have to take at angles. I'm surprised my valance hasnt been ripped off yet. The bottom of it looks like someone took sandpaper to it. Other than that people are amazed how good my truck rides since it's so low. I get a lot of people asking if my truck is bagged lol.
sounds like a lot of work. did you do it all on your own?where did you get the notch?

#26 ·
Ya my cousin and I did all the work, Clean97. I forgot where I got the notch but I know the guy doesnt make them anymore. There was actually a guy on here selling the same notch in the for sale section, idk if he's selling it anymore or if it's sold. Oh ya I also forgot to add that you have to cut the drip rails off the lower control arm on each side because the drop spindles. If not your gonna drag the Lower control arm on the wheels if you have 15's. I think when you get spindles your supposed to have 17'' or bigger.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136114

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.