GMC Truck Forum banner

13 Z71 interior rattles?

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  WillyPaul 
#1 ·
I've got a 2013 z71 crew cab lt. When going down the road and you hit a small bump it sounds like a faint but noticeable rattle is coming from inside the doors. Anybody else have this problem and is this a common issue with these trucks?

#2 ·
my dash and door panels rattle whenever Im turning due to having mud grapplers on my truck. I didn't used to do it until I got mud grapplers. Guess these trucks loosen up over time

#3 ·
I guess so. Still bothers me though just due to the fact that the truck is only two years old and still on stock tires.

#7 ·
My 09 is pretty quiet. The only part that rattled was the metal backing under the cover that sits under the wheel... I used a piece of hard foam between the metal piece and the plastic trim and it stopped it.

#11 ·
Mine rattles like crazy, when I lower the rear windows sounds like it's going to fall apart.

#13 ·
2011 here with around 80sqft of sound deadening double layered on the doors and back wall and the rear tub done. Still rattles. I just turn my radio up a tad and try to forget the fisher price interior of my nnbs...

#16 ·
Only time mines ever rattled is driving with the back seat flipped up. Took me a while to figure that out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.