GMC Truck Forum banner

Truck using oil

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Coastie104 
#1 ·
So I changed the oil on my 08 silverado 5.3 with afm. And I was two quarts low. A few months ago I checked the oil and it was about a quart and a half low. Is my truck using oil at 70k miles?i still have a gm warranty. is it the afm causing a problem. I probably had 8k on that oil change.. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
No leaks, I read on another forum it's an afm problem, and it stop if it's disabled. But should I take it to the dealer first to make sure no damage is /was done?

#13 ·
get a tune and turn off AFM...stupidest shit ever...that will get rid of the problem

#16 ·
Completed an oil consumption test on my truck, it uses around a 1/4 quart per 1000 miles. Which mean that there is "nothing" wrong. Their head mechanic did tell me to never use the percentage guage for oil changes ever.

#18 ·
#21 ·
is this problem only common on the 07' and 08' models. I've had my 11' for a little over a year and luckly havent had a problem (knock on wood).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.