GMC Truck Forum banner

Is my climate control switch dead?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  speedie mc pete 
#1 ·
I have no ac/heat in my silverado. I have a feeling the blower motor shit the bed but is there a way to test the climate control switch to see if that went bad? I currently have the controls pulled apart so I figured now would be the time to do it.
Thanks

#3 ·
Have you checked fuses?

#4 ·
2nd the blower resistor. Pass side stick ur head up under the footwell towards fire wall. Bottom of the heater box you'll see the wires coming out. 2 8mm screws either side of the resistor/wire connector drop out the resistor. Quick easy fix about 10 min start to finish.

#5 ·
I checked the fuses, all good. And I'm pretty sure the switch is good because I can hear the motor "clicking" when I hit 5… I pulled the resistor but idk if its good or bad. Can I test it to see if its dead? Could the motor itself be shot? Thx

#6 ·
The fan selector/ speed of fan would only work in the higher speed selections, IE 3-5. If it doesn't work on 1 or 2 then it's the resistor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.