GMC Truck Forum banner

Power folding mirrors from Silverado to Tahoe?

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  allando 
#1 ·
So I scored some new power folding mirrors, w/ turn signals, & no puddle lights at work today.... It's from an 07 Silverado. Does anyone know if it will work with my 08 LT2 Tahoe. The Tahoe/Yukons have puddle lights, but these don't. I'm thinking they're different (switch, programming, etc.)....:think: Please help haha.

#2 ·
You are fine to swap, as long as the 07 is the new body style(from 07-10, like the truck in my sig) not the classic 07(03-07) body style.

I swapped my drivers side silverado mirror with a tahoe mirror with a puddle. Just plug and play. You can go the other way no problem too.

#5 ·
Ok, so I had some time today to put these on. When I first plugged it in, only the driver side folded as you said. I reprogrammed the DDM (driver door module) & the BCM. Now no mirrors fold. Everything else works. I had a message while programming saying that if I'm using different mirrors, I have to call tech line to get a VCI code for special programming. IDK, I'm not too familiar w/ GM stuff... I work w/ Nissan at my dealer. Working on GM's is like my last resort, so I don't get to work on them as much as I used to LOL! If you're experienced in this maybe you can shed some light... Thanks.:shake:

Allan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.